Sunday, May 15, 2005

Chensational Puppets go Spanish



Several months ago I was approached by the Telelatino Network (TLN) here in Toronto. They wanted a character developed that would represent a local dental clinic in a series of commercial spots. They hired me to build a beaver puppet named "Tino".



After a series of several fabric choices, TLN decided what the puppet should look like and I went ahead and started building. I chose to build the puppet using both patterned sheet foam and carved foam. My main focus was to keep the puppet as light as possible.



I was extremely happy with the final result. Tino was the lightest puppet I have ever built. He is incredible comfortable and I am very happy about that. The hands and ears are made with antron fleece and the nose and teeth are made from latex rubber.

After delivering the puppet to TLN the reaction was amazing! People just loved it. There are few things more satisfying to a puppet builder than to see people smile and connect to one of your puppets. I really do love building puppets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home