Saturday, August 25, 2007

Building X-Ape-It














The host for one of the Chimp TV shows I am doing is called X-Ape-It.


The design was done by Pasha Romanowski and I built him. I wanted him to look cool and hip. I think the design was spot on.






I was very unsure during the whole building process. I just felt he didn't look right and I kept tweeking the puppet.





It started to get worrisome for me since he was going to he the host of this show.





As I started to add more features it started to look better and as a result I felt better.






I could slowly start to see a character coming through.







I think the final puppet looks pretty good.








Surprisingly enough I think he looks pretty close to Pasha's original vision.





Of course there is always interpretation for the builder, but I definately have a sense that he is cool chimp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home